Friday, 18 January 2008

FINISH!! and Cloverfield


It`s done!! Finally!! After 2 whole days..suffering and asking people with these experiences, I'm finally done!! Yattaaaaaaaaaaaaa! As for my 1st post, Review of Cloverfield.

This movie was the hype of last year and was a mystery. What is Cloverfield? It was called 1.18.08 at 1st (guess they couldn`t come up with a title that time) I had full of questions about it and the teaser was really teasing..oh and I do mean teasing like a school girl revealing her undergarments. Then the website come out, showing photos and they said it has clues. I checked it all and the only clues I found was a Devil face in the smoke and a devil figure in between the girls faces..Thats it?
Oh and you could flip the photos back to see writing at the back..Thats really it.


Then the 2nd trailer came out and it had nothing...no clues on what this Cloverfield was..
except for...........wait for it.....wait for it....The 2nd trailer came out with a leg or a body of the monster..and it was half a second of it. I mean WOW! thats really something eh. Then youtube

come out with other stuff and my favorite part of all the youtube hype was the Official Cloverfield Monster Drawing..when that came out I was like wow!, DAMN! It gonna be one hell of a movie.

I live in Malaysia so we get our new movies on Thursday. The time we all have been waiting for is here. CLOVERFIELD! and we got it 17.1.08 (hah! in your face USA!!) Well being the secretary of the Movie club
in the place that I work. I almost took all the art team and brought them to this lovely movie..
This Masterpiece..This Cloverfield..


All hyped up for the 5pm show. We all went and so it with full of hopes and dreams like a kid that is gonna get his Bumblebee or a Barbie Play set..bought our snacks and waited..Thus the movie showed. I have to say good Intro. From there everything went down hill..even my friend beside me shouted the word the "F" word!

Final review before I shut my mouth (still in the "I got a blog hype") The camera was shaky like Blair Witch Project and I mean it was shaking like a vibrator on steroids. The story is like your typical guy loves a girl and goes all out for her even if it kills him and his "stupid friends". I mean If you love a girl this much why.. oh god why would you get her when there is a huge a$ monster attacking the city? Do you love her that much? Ahhhhh!... love..its such a mystery. The monsters in the movie was kinda cool but not enough screen time and this was suppose to be a monster flick. Final score (really im done)

Audio - 2/10 (they had a soundtrack at the end and thats it!)
Video - half /10 ( like I said a vibrator on steroids)
Story - 1 (a love story in a middle of a monster movie? and humans get most of the screen time)
Rating - X (yes I know F is the lowest)

P.S
Its just my thoughts, no offense to anyone who liked this movie.
Its a free world right?






No comments: